We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you’re happy with any changes. Continued use of the website implies acceptance of the policy.
We collect and processes data about you when:
- you provide information by filling in an application form downloaded from our website
- you register for an online account that can be used to purchase membership or register for events
- you sign up to receive email newsletters
- you complete surveys that we use for research purposes
- you make other purchases from the website
- you visit our website, leaving information about your computer and visits
- you contact us via phone, email or in person, when we may keep your contact details
Two different sets of personal data may be collected, as below:
1) Personally-Identifiable Information such as e-mail addresses, billing information, employment status and ‘click stream’ data that tracks visitor activity on a Web site or online service.
2) A subset of that category, Sensitive Data, deserves additional safeguards. Sensitive Data includes, by way of example, Clients’ confidential data, individuals’ home telephone numbers, Bank Account, Income Tax and National Insurance numbers, interview notes, CV’s, etc. Sensitive data deserves and will be given more protection
Use of Personal Data
Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd collects Personally-Identifiable Information and Sensitive Data only when there is a legitimate business need to do so or when such information is made available to us with your consent. We will inform you about why we are collecting Personally-Identifiable Information and how we intend to use it. We need to collect and store your name, address, and other basic Personally-Identifiable Information, for example, to provide you with the service you requested, as well as for billing purposes. This information also enables us to develop and customise services better to meet your needs and preferences and to send your important updates and information about relevant products and services from Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd, and occasionally other sources that may be of interest to you.
Transfer and Data Sharing
Where there is a legitimate business need to do so, we may pass your information between different departments and sites of Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd. Our offices are listed on this website and updated as appropriate. From time to time, we are approached by companies and organisations that have a product or service that we believe may be of interest to you. We will never share your personally-Identifiable Information with these companies. We may, however, use your information to directly send information to you about services from such third parties. We will never share personally-identifiable information about you unless you have authorised us to do so or in circumstances in which we are obliged to do so by law.
Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd does not sell personal data in any form, including mailing lists. All the personal data gathered is exclusively for internal use.
Security and Data Protection
We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personally-Identifiable Information. If your relationship with us includes providing us with Sensitive Data, we will protect that information with extra care. We will not disclose sensitive Data to any third parties and if you so request, will give you the chance to opt out of sharing this information within our own organisation. However, the internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee absolute security of any information sent to us.
Links to other websites:
Where appropriate, we may present advertisements or direct links to websites owned and operated by third parties. This Policy does not cover those external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any linked websites, whether you access such site from our site or access this site from a linked site.
Access, Review and Correction
You may request details of personal data held by us. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate. We have also implemented procedures to enable you to review and correct your personal information, should there be any errors. When you make a request to access or review the personal data we hold about you, we will request you to verify your identity before the request can be fulfilled.
Such requests can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by making a written request to Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd, Unit 6B, Kingston Mills, Manchester Road, Hyde, SK14 2BZ.
Shellmark Textile Agencies Ltd will continue to oversee implementation of and compliance with our Policy and will adapt the Policy to reflect changes in technology and the expectations of everyone we deal with. To ensure that we are following our stated Policy, we also conduct periodic and random audits of our Web sites and other systems.